Community Acupuncture of Mount Airy
Community Acupuncture of Mount Airy
The inventor of the IoWipe Technology (and Elise's Dad)
WHAT THE HECK IS COVERING OUR DOOR HANDLES, ETC.??
Elise’s dad is a chemist in the field of medical devices. This item is one of his patented inventions. He is now 90 years old, and this is one of his best inventions, of more than a dozen patents. This sponge-like cloth is black due to its iodine content. Iodine is one of the world’s most powerful anti-microbials. It is FDA approved and currently being used as a wound care product known as IoPlex, sold by Medline Corporation, one of the world’s largest medical device distributors. We’re using the same material for sanitizing purposes at CAMA for customer protection.
WHY IS THIS ITEM SUPERIOR TO ALCOHOL SANITIZERS AND TYPICAL WIPES?
- Powerfully Effective. This product performs all antimicrobial functions of being antiseptic, disinfecting, as well as sterilizing. Iodine has the broadest spectrum of antimicrobial effectiveness, as compared to Purell’s alcohol based lotion, and is safe and effective against virtually ALL topical micro-organisms, killing bacteria, MRSA, viruses, yeast, fungi, spores and protozoan parasites.
- Self-sterilizing. Its iodine content is miniscule and safe for the skin*, yet because of its patented construction and iodine formulation, continues to kill any micro-organisms it comes in contact with, maintaining its germ free and sanitizing properties.
- Indicates When Depleted. The user will know when its antimicrobial effectiveness is dissipated as its color turns from black to grey/white as its iodine content is depleted. Replacement is made when more than 50% of the wipe’s surface has changed color.
- It’s GREEN. This material can be used dozens of times before its effectiveness dissipates, and unlike single use items, is not discarded until its iodine content dissipates and it is self-sterilizing. Environmentally friendly by eliminating the need for throw-away wipes and plastic tubs, as well as Purell-type plastic bottles, and is possible to renew. The longevity of its effectiveness depends on frequency of use, number of users, and the amount of germ exposure.
Our practitioners have been using this same item when moistened to wipe their hands between patients and to disinfect other surfaces.
* In Case of ALLERGIC REACTION
Iodine sensitivity and related allergic reactions are very uncommon. Exposure to iodine may cause a rash in hypersensitive people when applied to the skin. This product provides a micro-dose of iodine, however, if irritation occurs, a corticosteroid cream can relieve any symptoms of an iodine hypersensitivity. Comparatively, repeatedly coating the hands with alcohol-based sanitizer often gives rise to redness and cracking over time.
The IoWipe Hand Sanitizer On Sale at CAMA
So many people have asked us if they can buy an IoWipe, we’re making them available. However, supply is limited at this time.
They are currently available for purchase now on our website store for a discounted price of $25.
IoWipes are guaranteed to last at least 3 months, used as directed. Comparatively, a 3 month use of disposable wipes and gels for the same number of applications (at 10 times/day) would cost around $65 on average.
Click here to order yours.
LOVE & SERVICE at CAMA
A message from Elise Rivers
Ahhh my dear patrons…yet more challenging times! What to do to take care of ourselves, our families? It’s risky out there. What risks are worth taking? I’ll offer that it’s to partake in those activities that foster becoming more grounded, centered and whole in mind/body/spirit. Therapies and practices like yoga, meditation, getting enough rest, exercise and/time in nature, acupuncture, and last but certainly not least, healthful eating (can you say more plants?!)– are some of the best and most time-tested ways to foster strength, resilience, and clarity, and enable us to be there for others as well as ourselves.
We’re here to serve YOU.
CAMA has provided solid support to the community’s well-being for 15 years. Throughout this pandemic, we’re here for you. There has never been a better time to take good care of yourself–for you, your family and your brothers and sisters. However, since no facility, except a 100% decontaminated space can be completely guaranteed to be virus free, we all need to make thoughtful choices about how we will proceed to take care of ourselves, and what is “worth the risk”—and only you can decide. While at this time there are some health-related offices and other facilities that you do want to stay away from for a variety of reasons, I deeply believe we’re not one of them. Please allow us to support you in your efforts to stay well and balanced! Through these troubling times, we hope to remain, or become, your sanctuary for healing and restoration on Germantown Avenue. Here’s what we’re doing at CAMA to help keep you protected.
WHY choose to start or continue to come to CAMA at this time?
As is true at all times in life, we need to have effective strategies for managing the deleterious effects of stress, and at the current time, the emotional toll of uncertainty. Why? Because chronic stress strongly tends to create, among other problems, low level inflammation—a major underlying factor of body breakdown. This, in addition to poor sleep and nutrition, leads to a more vulnerable immune system. When the stress goes up quickly, this is only more so. Acupuncture, like yoga and bodywork, is one of the most time tested ways to strengthen the life force, keep it moving, balance the nervous and endocrine systems, and keep the immune system humming. That acupuncture has been used as preventive medicine in China for thousands of years is a testament to its power to foster wellness. And acupuncture does this while the client relaxes. How nice is that?
There’s more than one health care system.
REMEMBER, we have an abundant and varied alternative/holistic health community in and near Mt. Airy. We’re so fortunate! We’ve got massage therapists, meditation instructors, yoga studios, acupuncturists, chiropractors and more, all located nearby. Click here for a small sampling. If you are fortunate enough to be able to include these services in your budget, you will benefit. In addition, know that CAMA maintains a Compassionate Care Fund, which enables folks to pay sliding scale rates of $30-$50 for single visits, without the need to purchase a longer term Care Plan.
For everyone’s safety, we must request that you do not come to CAMA if you have any symptoms of illness. Until further notice, missed visit fees are waived in case of illness. If you do feel ill, and would like advice on good home care, click here. In the meantime, here are tips on preventing illness.
Be Safe and Let Us Keep You Healthy
As January and February unfolded, our new Care Plan model was met with excitement and enthusiasm. We appreciate your embracing budgeting for wellness so readily and hope you will think of CAMA as a place to rest and restore yourself, to face whatever challenges lie ahead.
We deeply believe that your best protection as we navigate through this is keeping yourself healthy and your immune system strong with acupuncture, plant-based nutrition, rest, stress management and exercise.
In service to the above, we will be hosting the class (probably virtually over the internet), “Plant-Based Basics, Beginners 101 on Saturday April 4th. Click here for details. Click here to register. Admission is payable online, so lots of flexibility when the time comes to decide.
May you and your family remain strong and healthy!
Yours in love & service,
Elise Rivers and the CAMA staff
Here’s what we’re doing
Health & Safety at CAMA
We’re all understandably concerned about our health and safety and you may wonder: How safe is CAMA? The answer: better than most places! Why?
Elise’s dad, an inventor, has spent decades researching and creating solutions for wounds that won’t heal. As a result, he has many patents, including several using his unprecedented anti-microbial/anti-viral/anti-fungal products. His most recent invention is a material in the form of bandage that is FDA approved and is so effective it kills MRSA (one of the world’s most resistant bacteria) within 10 seconds of contact. It is currently sold as a wound care product by Medline Corporation.
We wanted you to know that at CAMA we have been using his hand and surface wipe, made of this same material, since we opened the Germantown Ave location. This wipe is a new consumer application of the same technology and effectively kills the coronavirus. We have taken the precaution to wrap every doorknob and handle commonly touched by patients at the office with this material. Within 10 seconds of contact, the virus is destroyed.
While no public space can be sanitized perfectly, we want you to know that we are doing everything we can to keep CAMA a safe and clean space, and will do all that we can to stay that way. Our practitioners use this wipe before and after touching every patient, and we’re also using it to wipe down surfaces and equipment. Hand washing or using the wipe upon entering and exiting CAMA will greatly aid in your safety. Table coverings are refreshed between each patient and we’ve removed one table to create more space between patients.
Daily Precautions You Can Take...
1) DON’T TOUCH YOUR FACE! DON’T TOUCH YOUR FACE! DON’T TOUCH YOUR FACE! The virus may be on surfaces touched, coughed or sneezed upon by an ill person, BUT your chances of infection are lower unless your unprotected face is close to someone who coughs or sneezes OR if you touch your nose, mouth or eyes after touching a contaminated surface. So, don’t touch your face until you have sanitized your hands. TIP: place scotch tape at your elbow crease so you can feel if you are absent-mindedly bring your hand to your face, or put a red dot on your index finger, so you might see it coming toward you.
2) NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.
3) Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches, elevator buttons, etc.. Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.
4) Use disinfectant wipes at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.
5) Wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves where other people have been.
6) Keep a bottle of sanitizer handy and use frequently.
7) If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to avoid clothing contamination.
A Small Sampling of Holistic Health Providers Nearby
Free Hypnotic Recording
Click here to listen to a recording specifically designed to relax you, and program your unconscious to:
- Lower stress
- Strengthen your immune system
- and make it easier to avoid touching your face unconsciously.